Teradata Studio Express to SQLServer Connectivity - set up assistance

Teradata Studio

Teradata Studio Express to SQLServer Connectivity - set up assistance

Forum,

I need some assistance on Terdata Studio Express to SQLServer 2008 connectivty set up

(1) I need to know which MS SQLServer JDBC *.jar to download for SQLServer 2008

(2) Any instructions for how to set it up in TD Studio Express (i.e URL,...)

(3) Any special consideration for the JRE version to use

Thanks in advance

Harry

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Studio Express to SQLServer Connectivity - set up assistance

Harry, Here is a link to the MS SQL Server JDBC Driver site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/aa937724

(2) To create a SQL Server connection profile:

1. Right click on the Database Connections, choose New...

2. Choose SQL Server from the list of Conenction Profile Types:

3. IN the Drivers: field, choose New Driver Definition.

4. In the Name/Type tab, select Microsoft SQL Server 2008

5. JAR List tab, Remove the jar specified and click Add Jar and point to the location where you downloaded the JDBC driver jar.

6. Return to the New Connection Profile dialog and provide the Database, Host, User name, and password information. The URL should get create for you.

7. Press the Test Connection to verify the information.

(3) Teradata Studio Express requires JRE version 1.6 or greater.

Hi All,

I was able to create my SQL Server connection and I can navigate and see my tables within the Data Source Explorer, however, I'm unable to select my SQL Server connection profile from the SQL Editor window.  I'm only seeing my Teradata connection profiles. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Hugo

Teradata Employee

Hugo, We have provided a customized SQL Editor for Teradata 'Teradata SQL Editor'. You will want to open the SQL file using the other SQL Editor, referred to simply as 'SQL File Editor'.  Right click on the SQL file in the Project Explorer and choose 'Open With> and choose the 'SQL File Editor'. This will provide a Type list of all the possible vendors and versions to choose your SQL Server connection profile.