Teradata Studio Express

Teradata Studio
Enthusiast

Teradata Studio Express

Hi,

I am using Teradata studio express in Macbook pro.

The Application is abruptly closing every time I try to open it.

It was working for almost a day after upgrading the SQL Client.

I've reinstalled the application and restarted the system. yet it is not working.

I even tried deleting Teradata Express Studio folder in /Applications Folder.

It didnt help either. Please how to debug and resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Charles

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Studio Express

BTW I am using 14.02.

Teradata Employee

Can you make sure that you are running 64-bit and JVM 1.6 or later? Check to see if there is a config log in the configuration directory. the configuration directory is in the Teradata Express folder in the /Applications folder.

Enthusiast

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. PFB the requested information

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$java -version

java version "1.6.0_37"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_37-b06-434-11M3909)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.12-b01-434, mixed mode)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe JRE is less likely to be an issue since the TD studio express was working for almost a day and only then it began to force-quit.

bash-3.2$ pwd

/Applications/TeradataStudioExpress/configuration

bash-3.2$ ls

config.ini

bash-3.2$ cat config.ini 

#Product Runtime Configuration File

eclipse.application=com.teradata.studioexpress.application

osgi.bundles.defaultStartLevel=4

eclipse.product=com.teradata.studioexpress.TeradataStudioExpress

osgi.splashPath=platform:/base/plugins/com.teradata.studioexpress

osgi.bundles=org.eclipse.equinox.common@2:start,org.eclipse.update.configurator@3:start,org.eclipse.equinox.event@3:start,org.eclipse.core.runtime@start

osgi.instance.area.default=@user.home/Documents/SQLA

bash-3.2$ 

There was no log file in the configuration directory. just a config.ini file.

Do you have log file for the TD Studio Express saved somewhere?

using which the issue could be debugged?

Thanks

Enthusiast

one of my other colleague is also facing the same issue in MacBook Pro. 

Teradata Employee

The Teradata log file is located in your workspace in the Documents/SQLA folder. It is in a .metadata folder so you will need to open the SQL Folder using Terminal window.

cd Documents/SQLA/.metadata/Teradata

The log is called teradata.log. Let me know if any exceptions in the log.

Try to delete your workspace folder (Documents/SQLA) and restart Teradata Studio Express. It will create a new workspace for you.

Enthusiast

following your suggestion, I removed the workspace directory and reinstalled the application.

The issue has been resolved now :)

reading the log file in the workspace I could see that the application has an uncaught exception.

The content of the log file is below.. 

Note: I think this not the error actually causing the force closure. Because if you rename the original log file and start the application, The application aborts and log file is empty. So probably this error is not directly responsible for the issue but could be indirectly responsible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-01-31 14:55:13,189 Teradata Datatools [main] ERROR com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools - Unexpected database version 0.x, using latest version's parser

2013-01-31 14:59:06,321 Teradata Datatools [main] INFO  com.teradata.datatools.dtp.catalog - DTS0001: Profile [New Teradata Database]- Kanji Enabled = false

2013-01-31 15:02:58,592 Teradata Datatools [main] ERROR com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools - Parse Error splitting statement

2013-01-31 15:03:11,360 Teradata Datatools [main] ERROR com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools - Parse Error splitting statement

2013-01-31 15:03:35,803 Teradata Datatools [main] ERROR com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools - Parse Error splitting statement

2013-01-31 15:03:52,764 Teradata Datatools [main] ERROR com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools - Parse Error splitting statement

2013-03-09 18:24:00,603 Teradata Datatools [main] ERROR com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools - Parse Error splitting statement

2013-03-09 18:24:12,021 Teradata Datatools [main] ERROR com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools - Parse Error splitting statement

2013-03-11 12:47:08,150 Teradata Datatools [Worker-1] ERROR c.t.d.dtp.sqltools.resultview - [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 14.00.00.21] [Error 1095] [SQLState HY000] Cannot call a method on closed connection

com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.JDBCException: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 14.00.00.21] [Error 1095] [SQLState HY000] Cannot call a method on closed connection

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.ErrorFactory.makeDriverJDBCException(ErrorFactory.java:93) ~[na:na]

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.ErrorFactory.makeDriverJDBCException(ErrorFactory.java:63) ~[na:na]

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.TDSession.getAutoCommit(TDSession.java:642) ~[na:na]

at com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools.resultview.ResultSetViewerConsumer.getSqlStatements(ResultSetViewerConsumer.java:332) [com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools.resultview_14.2.0.201302060123.jar:na]

at com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools.resultview.ResultSetViewerConsumer.finishedWithResultInstance(ResultSetViewerConsumer.java:147) [com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools.resultview_14.2.0.201302060123.jar:na]

at com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools.result.core.helper.TeradataResultManager$8.run(TeradataResultManager.java:425) [com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools.result.core_14.2.0.201302060123.jar:na]

at com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools.result.core.helper.TeradataResultManager.runResultsProcessor(TeradataResultManager.java:865) [com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools.result.core_14.2.0.201302060123.jar:na]

at com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools.result.core.helper.TeradataResultManager.fireStatusUpdated(TeradataResultManager.java:422) [com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools.result.core_14.2.0.201302060123.jar:na]

at com.teradata.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.result.internal.model.ResultInstance.updateStatus(ResultInstance.java:245) [com.teradata.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.result_14.2.0.201302060123.jar:na]

at com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools.result.core.helper.TeradataResultsViewAPI.updateStatus(TeradataResultsViewAPI.java:378) [com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools.result.core_14.2.0.201302060123.jar:na]

at com.teradata.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.editor.core.result.ResultSupportRunnable.handleSQLException(ResultSupportRunnable.java:490) [com.teradata.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.result_14.2.0.201302060123.jar:na]

at com.teradata.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.editor.core.result.ResultSupportRunnable.run(ResultSupportRunnable.java:184) [com.teradata.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.result_14.2.0.201302060123.jar:na]

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54) [org.eclipse.core.jobs_3.5.101.v20120113-1953.jar:na]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teradata Employee

I'm glad it is working now. It is not exactly clear what is going on in the log. Possibly an issue with the database.