Teradata Studio - Parsing Error

Teradata Studio

Teradata Studio - Parsing Error

I'm trying to Load Data into a Teradata table using Fastload in Teradata Studio on a Mac. The table deliberately has all columns defined as VARCHAR since some of the fields have leading zeroes that I would like to retain. Sample record looks like this: 01,1,14,149,08,S7,6324. Fastload fails saying "Cause = java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to java.lang.String;". Fastload for the same table and input file worked previously when I had most of the data types set as INTEGER. But the leading zeroes were not being retained. How do I get around this problem? Do I have to use a script? 

2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Studio - Parsing Error

We are taking a look at this issue.

Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Studio - Parsing Error

To retain the leading zero , it needs to be saved as VARCHAR data type. INT or other integer data types like BYTEINT cannot hold leading zero as it is number and not a string. I have tried FastLoad with existing table with VARCHAR data column and it can load number with leading zero into VARCHAR column. You can send me your schema, loading options and sample data file to homan.law@teradata.com so I can take a look. Which Studio version you are using ?