Teradata Studio Smartload - Bug?

Teradata Studio
Enthusiast

Teradata Studio Smartload - Bug?

Hello Friends,

2 Issues I'm trying to solve:

1) I'm using Teradata Studio Express Version: 15.10.00.04.201508101601 and trying to Smartload an exel file .xlsx into Teradata database (ver 15.00.04.03). The first time I loaded an excel file with approx 8192 rows. Now I'm trying to load the same excel file (saved under a different name) which has only 1 row instead of the 8192 rows.  But to my surprise, its loading the same 8192 rows instead of only 1 row. Is there a setting that prevents this ? I've already tried with specifying Cache Threshhold=1 under Data Utilities Preferences.

2) When we are trying to smartload a date column from an excel file , it detects it as a date alright, however it is truncating last 2 digits of the year and converting the date as mm/dd/yy instead of mm/dd/yyyy. To get around this, I tried to bring it in as a varchar(10) or 12 however, in the smartload wizard data preview it still shows the date as mm/dd/yy.  Even converting to .csv and smartloading does not help .. .Any ideas?

Thanks & Regards,

Raghu

3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Studio Smartload - Bug?

Update: The smartload with .csv took care of the date issue. But I'm still facing the 8192 rows being loaded all over agian..

Teradata Employee

Raghu, When you attempt to run Smart Load of the file with just one row, the file field is blank. Do you push the Browse button to locate the new file? I just ran a test and could not reproduce this issue. 

Enthusiast

Just tried it with a fresh file. Here's the log.

Load Task..

Loading Data...

Starting Load...

Load Successful...

8821 rows Processed.

8820 rows Loaded.

A Row count on the table returns 8820 rows where was excel sheet has only 1 row of data + 1st row of headers.

Yes, I did verify that I used browse button and I am selecting the correct file.

Regards,

Raghu