Teradata express studio failed to start as it gives JVM Terminated exit code=13 error

Teradata Studio

Teradata express studio failed to start as it gives JVM Terminated exit code=13 error

I successfully installled teradataStudioExpress 15.0.0.0 on Teradata express 13.0 for VMware but when i tried to start the epress studio i get the JVM terminated error with exit code = 13 when i checked my java installation its required version is installed . 

1 REPLY
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata express studio failed to start as it gives JVM Terminated exit code=13 error

I got the same error after downloading and attempting to run the 64bit Teradata Studio for Linux. Looks like the 1.6 JVM that comes with Teradata Express 13.0 is 32 bit - not 64 bit. I downloaded and installed JRE 1.7 64 bit from the Java website and then launched Teradata Studio with :
/opt/teradata/TeradataStudio/Teradatastudio -vm /opt/teradata/jvm64/jrel1.7.0_21/bin
Looks like it works - great! You'll probably have to modify the command above depending on where you have installed thinks.