Teradata studio installation is failing...

Teradata Studio

Teradata studio installation is failing...

when i try to run the teradata studio, the system is prompting me for JRE. I downloaded JRE from Java website. but it is still failing..what could be the reason?

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES

Re: Teradata studio installation is failing...

i have installed teradata studio in my pc..does the teradata studio come with default data tables? if yes, how do we connect..what is the connection parameters/?

Teradata Employee

@ajithpillai, It sounds like you have gotten past the install issue. What default tables are you referring to? Teradata Database provides data dictionary tables and views in the DBC database. Are those what you are looking for? To connect, you will create a Connection Profile. You will need to provide the Database Server name or IP address, the User name, and user password.

yes.i have installed teradata studio. the jave issue is out  of the way...two things i need to solve:

one is how do i use the local instation of teradata studio to connect to the  teradata instance on amazon ec2.. i have an instance set up there.

second, how do i set up a local teradata database. i want to connect to this local db  from the teradata studio i installed...do we have a trial database like oracle and sql server provides (adventureworks database)?

thanks

ap

Teradata Employee

ap,  You can use the IP address or hostname of your Teradata server machine (Amazon EC2 instance) to create the connection from Studio. You can try the default admin user DBC and password dbc and see if that works to log in. Once logged in, if you are using Studio, you can use the Administration Perspective to create a new Database. 

hi

thanks.  how do we create the  new database?...i have the teradata studio as a client tool installed...does teradata provide a default test database like adventureworks that MS provides

for sql server?

thanks

AP

Teradata Employee

ap, You can download Teradata Express as a test Teradata Database. Please refer to the Developer Exchange Download page.

Hey mu CPU does not support VT-x i have checked in the BIOS and not able to use VM Ware so i use teradatafor the same.pls lket me know. and HOW pls it is veryurgent i have to worked on that as soon as possible. i have downloadede the teradata studio express.

Teradata Employee

Michael, Not sure what you are asking? Teradata Studio Express is a client application that connects to your Teradata server. Do you have a Teradata server that you can connect to?