Trying to Install Teradata Studio 15 and can't Uninstall 14.10 without Binaries - Windows X86 64

Teradata Studio
Enthusiast

Trying to Install Teradata Studio 15 and can't Uninstall 14.10 without Binaries - Windows X86 64

I am trying to install Teradata Studio 15 and I am unable to as I have deleted the binaries for the 14.10 install and apparently the binaries are needed to uninstall 14.10, which causes the install for 15.0 to fail. Can you please provide the link to down the 14.10 binaries or is there are known workaround to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Brett Bates

9 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Trying to Install Teradata Studio 15 and can't Uninstall 14.10 without Binaries - Windows X86 64

Brett, I am checking on this issue.

Enthusiast

Re: Trying to Install Teradata Studio 15 and can't Uninstall 14.10 without Binaries - Windows X86 64

Thanks Francine!

Teradata Employee

Brett, There is a Windows registry entry that indicates that 14.10 is installed. You could try deleting the entry and retry the install again. You should back up the registry any time you make changes to it directly.

Delete the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{GUID }

Where the GUID is Teradata Studio 14.00.00.00 product code:{9314BCDF-D90E-4681-B234-3AF183E51410}

Enthusiast

Good afternoon Francine;

I tried this; however, I receive "Error 1714: The older version of Teradata Studio nt-x8664 15.00 cannot be removed."

This is a confusing message as I am attempting to install 15 and deleted the 14.10 Uninstall information.

Also, I am still prompted to direct the program to the 14.10.1 binaries to remove the old version.

Any other ideas on this?

Thanks,

Brett

Teradata Employee

Brett. Did you have Studio 14.10 installed or Studio 14.10.01? These are two different product codes.

Enthusiast

Francine;

I had 14.10.01 installed and found the product key to be {BA32DE5A-4189-4287-9D9B-52A8A6AB1410}

Based on this, I ran a search through the entire registry for this entry and deleted the following keys/items based on this to attempt a manual removal of the software and also deleted the files on the file system for the old version:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/Installer/Products/{Entire Key}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/App Management/ARPCache/{KEY}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Installer/Folders (KEY with ProductKey)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Installer/UserData/{USERID}/Products/{KEY}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Uninstall/{KEY}

I am now in the process of attempting re-install and will let you know if it succeeds.

Thanks,

Brett B.

Enthusiast

Good afternoon Francine;

After I ran the removal of the keys in the registry, I am now getting a 1500 error every time I attempt to install Studio. Based on some research I have done, this could indicate a Windows issue and I have taken the actions an article suggests to alleviate the problem; however, I had to schedule a reboot of the server for this evening since there are other users on it. Once it is restarted, hopefully I can re-run the install.

I will update again once I re-attempt the install.

Thanks,

Brett

Enthusiast

Evening Francine;

After the reboot of the server, was able to successfully install Studio 15 after removing the entries mentioned above from the Windows registry!

Thanks for your support on this,

Brett

Teradata Employee

Brett, Glad that worked!