Views the rows being transferred over

Teradata Studio

Views the rows being transferred over

Once a Teradata Studio Job Transfer has been started(migrating from pipe delimited flat file into Teradata), is it possible for me to view how many rows have been moved? I am trying to transfer a 70 million row file.

I would like to monitor how many rows are transferred and which row is it currently at and can't find the option to enable that. The last 2 times it failed at the same record number, and here is the error message:

com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.DisconnectNonTransientConnectionException: [jcc][t4][2030][11211][4.17.28] A communication error occurred during operations on the connection's underlying socket, socket input stream, 

or socket output stream.  Error location: Reply.fill() - socketInputStream.read (-1).  Message: Connection reset by peer: socket write error. ERRORCODE=-4499, SQLSTATE=08001

at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.fd.a(fd.java:328)

at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.a.a(a.java:526)

at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.a.a(a.java:510)

at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.a.a(a.java:505)

at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.a.b(a.java:1569)

at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.a.a(a.java:1589)

at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.a.f(a.java:444)

at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.a.flush_(a.java:387)

at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.Agent.flow(Agent.java:245)

at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.uo.a(uo.java:3234)

at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.uo.a(uo.java:697)

at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.uo.executeQuery(uo.java:676)

at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.internal.core.connection.StatementAdapter.executeQuery(StatementAdapter.java:73)

at org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.ibm.db2.luw.catalog.LUWCatalogDatabase.loadSchemas(LUWCatalogDatabase.java:332)

at org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.ibm.db2.luw.catalog.LUWCatalogDatabase.getSchemas(LUWCatalogDatabase.java:181)

at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.server.internal.ui.explorer.providers.content.layout.vnode.ServerExplorerVNodeContentProviderNav.displaySchemaNodeChildren(ServerExplorerVNodeContentProviderNav.java:129)

at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.server.internal.ui.explorer.providers.content.layout.AbstractOnDemandContentProviderNav.getChildren(AbstractOnDemandContentProviderNav.java:169)

at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.server.internal.ui.explorer.providers.content.layout.AbstractOnDemandContentProviderNav.getChildren(AbstractOnDemandContentProviderNav.java:243)

at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.server.internal.ui.explorer.providers.content.layout.AbstractLayoutProviderNav.getChildren(AbstractLayoutProviderNav.java:85)

at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.server.internal.ui.explorer.providers.content.impl.ServerExplorerContentProviderNav.load(ServerExplorerContentProviderNav.java:153)

at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.server.internal.ui.explorer.loading.LoadingJob.run(LoadingJob.java:43)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error

at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)

at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)

at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.db.b(db.java:1715)

at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.db.a(db.java:1663)

at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.a.f(a.java:437)

... 15 more

So I would like to know what really is going on at that row number and if there is a way for me to see the records being transferred.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Views the rows being transferred over

Farah,  The Transfer Progress View shows the start time, elapsed time as the transfer occurs, along with the progress bar. The Transfer History View will have Job Output that will show the errors. There is also an error file, stored in the location of the input source file that contains the error rows.

gs
Fan

Francine,

I have similar issue while loading smaller files - I am unable to see the error file in the same directory.  As I alluded in my earlier post, it gets created beginning of load and deleted when the load is aborted/finished.

I am using Studio v15.10.

Regards,

gs

Teradata Employee

Ravindra, The file is created before loading and if Studio finds no errors then the empty error file is deleted.

gs
Fan

Francine, 

Looks like you responded to my post but since I am new to the site, I don't see my post. 

That is not the case, the file is deleted even when the load fails midway through - the transfer history view's "Job Output" messages are not helpful - mainly a Java VM stacktrace.

Regards,

gs

Teradata Employee

gs, Please open an incident with Teradata Support so we can gather the logs and configuration information to fix the problem. thanks.