default connection profile when opening SQL files

Teradata Studio
Teradata Employee

default connection profile when opening SQL files

When I open a SQL file in my workspace from the Project Explorer, the file opens and asks me to set the connection profile every time.  I believe in past version of TD Studio (prior to 16.20) the SQL file was opened in whatever connection profile I was connected to at the time. When I'm presented with the dialog below to choose a connection profile, how do I then connect the profile so I can execute SQL in the file?

Also - is there a way to open SQL files in the workspace and have them open in the profile they were saved in?  Or at least have them open automatically in the profile that I'm connected to in the Data Source explorer?

Capture.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Teradata Employee

Re: default connection profile when opening SQL files

It appears to be opening the file in the SQL File Editor instead of the Teradata SQL Editor. When you select the file in the Project Explorer, right click and choose Open With> Teradata SQL Editor. This should remember the connection profile for the SQL File.  There is a preference for File Association for .sql that should have Teradata SQL Editor set as the default. The preference is located under General>Editors>File Associations. Select .sql in the File types window.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

It appears to be opening the file in the SQL File Editor instead of the Teradata SQL Editor. When you select the file in the Project Explorer, right click and choose Open With> Teradata SQL Editor. This should remember the connection profile for the SQL File.  There is a preference for File Association for .sql that should have Teradata SQL Editor set as the default. The preference is located under General>Editors>File Associations. Select .sql in the File types window.

Highlighted
Teradata Employee

That got it....thanks!