Came across this error when trying to start up TeradataStudio in TDExpress14.10_Sles11 - WMware Player.
Odd in that it didn't happen from the start but with frequent use it now happens almost all the time. Not a Pango expert but believe this has to do with fonts etc...
Anyone experience this one and have a solution?
Here is some info from the log.
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
# SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007fffed7cbdf1, pid=6031, tid=140737328940816
# JRE version: 6.0_43-b01
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (20.14-b01 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C [libpangoft2-1.0.so.0+0x18df1] pango_ot_tag_from_script+0x83f1
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
Haven't seen this one before. The bugzilla also inquired about VM image so maybe related. It sounds like something got corrupt. Can you restore your VM image? The workaround is to run Teradata Studio outside your VM and access your Teradata Express?
Thanks fgrimmer. Using the workaround, TDStudio outside of vm.
If my installation continues to degrade in other areas I will reload the image.
Just my two cents that I am stuck with this error, too, under the TEVM14.10 (SLES11-SP1). I started seeing it first when I installed and launched Eclipse. I saw the JRE v.6-related error in the log, and then thought about getting a newer Java version. I used RPM to install "jdk-7u45-linux-x64.rpm", and prioritized the v7 Java path over the existing v6 in /root/.bashrc. Yet, still got same Eclipse crashes, in addition to the TDStudio crashing now, too.
Got my hands tied up... Will have to reinstall. The VMs are very, very, very touchy images, in my humble opinion.
Found another workaround. Try deleting the org.eclipse.core.runtime directory from your Teradata Studio workspace. It is located in: C:\Users\<user>\workspace-studio\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime
Let me know if that does not work.
Although the workaround was unfortunately unsuccessful, I seem to have found a solution that has worked for me so far. First, the issue appears on SLES11-based TDExpress installations, and has been found to occur when using Eclipse, as well as when using Teradata Studio. The issue is font-related, from what I found on a Teradata wiki page: "SLES 11.1.1 VM has a unstable library for laying and rendering text: Pango." To prevent these crashes, the same source recommends the following:
Use the "Sans" as the default Eclipse font in a brand new workspace. In a workspace where Eclipse crashes have been already experienced, it is possible that the fix might result in different fonts being used and crashes might continue. Specifically, particular fonts need to be changed under the Eclipse preferences as follows:
Go to [Window]>[Preferences]; then select the [General]>[Appearance]>[Colors and Fonts] menu, and modify to the least the following fonts to use "Sans":
* [Debug] > [Console Font]
* [Debug] > [Variable Font]
* [Basic] > [Text Font]
* [Basic] > [Text Editor ... Font]
Same problem with 15.0.2. Seems that is working to change fonts from MONOSPACE to COURIER.