slow when close or open a connection using Teradata Studio

Teradata Studio
Enthusiast

slow when close or open a connection using Teradata Studio

Hi Guys,

After my session is expired on TD, if I still run any query agaist DB, the query will show running for about 2 minutes and then abort - "Executed as Single statement. Failed [804 : 08S01] Socket communication failure for Packet transmit"

My questions is why it takes 2 minutes?

If the session is expired, the studio should return the exception soon - i think 10 to 20 seconds.

It is too much time wasted waiting and received an error.

Even worse, after I receive the message, I right click on the database connection and choose "Disconnect".

The studio will take about 2 minutes to close the connection.

And 2 minutes later, I right click on the connectio and choose "Connect", it will take 1 minute to connect.

Above "query abort - disconnect - connect" process takes more than 5 minutes, it is too long.

Is there a setting somewhere to make it shorter?

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: slow when close or open a connection using Teradata Studio

What version of Studio are you running? We tried to recreate the issue by shutting down Teradata while Studio is connected and did get the socket error returned right away. Please open an incident so we can collect the error logs to see if something else is going on.  

Enthusiast

No need to shutdown the teradata. 

It happens everyday.

I don't know how to open an incident, but I can try to give you the log on my laptop (with sensitive information removed if any).

How do I find the log?

I am using 15.12.0.201608291111

Teradata Employee

The logs are located in your workspace, in the /.metadata directory. There are 2 logs, one in <WORKSPACE>/.metadata/.log and <WORKSPACE>/.metadata/Teradata/teradata.log.