submitting selected text adds a semicolon to the SQL editor

Teradata Studio
Teradata Employee

submitting selected text adds a semicolon to the SQL editor

When highlighting a specific query in an SQL editor to submit (submitting just the highlighted text to the database), the latest version of Studio is adding a semicolon to the editor after the query is submitted.

For example, I have a view definition which contains a derived table in the FROM clause.  I am testing the view and want to submit just the derived table and check the results.  I highlight the derived table in the view definition and execute the query....and Studio adds a semicolon to the view definition after the text I just submitted.

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Teradata Employee

Re: submitting selected text adds a semicolon to the SQL editor

apparently a semicolon is added to the end of any query that is submitted through the query editor, even if you don't highlight the text to submit.  Clicking "execute" to run an entire query window still adds a semicolon at the end.  This is new behavior - previous versions of Studio did not do this.  This is really annoying - the IDE should not make any text modifications to my code when i run it.

Teradata Employee

Re: submitting selected text adds a semicolon to the SQL editor

We have a JIRA ( IDE-22351 )opened on this. We hope this issue will be resolved in our next release.