unable to generate Aster object DDL

Teradata Studio
Teradata Employee

unable to generate Aster object DDL

I am in TD Studio 16.0 connected to an Aster 6.2 cluster.  When I right click on an object in the database explored and select "Generate DDL" or "View DDL", all I get as a return is "--Unable to generate DDL for Table pdcr."pdcr"."pw_viewpaths""

Why can't I view the DDL for Aster objects?  One thing I've noticed, in the example above, my object is called pdcr.pw_viewpaths.  The error message lists the schema name twice...it's like it's looking for an object called pdcr."pdcr"."pw_viewpaths".  I remember this being an issue in earlier versions of Studio (I typically use Aqua for Aster development but am sometimes limited by the software that is available at the client).

2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: unable to generate Aster object DDL

We have run some tests and aren't seeing errors with Generate DDL or Display DDL for Aster Views in Aster 6.2. We would need to look at the error logs. Please open an incident and attach both the .log and teradata.log that are in your workspace .metadata directory. thanks.

Teradata Employee

Re: unable to generate Aster object DDL

thanks francine, created a ticket in TD Labs JIRA and cc'd you.  wasn't given version option "16" so i submitted the issue under version 15.11