DWH/BI Project Analysis, Estimation,resource tool

Third Party Software
Enthusiast

DWH/BI Project Analysis, Estimation,resource tool

Is there already any free tool or I need to develop one?

I see a gap of technology, business and people, while working on projects.

I am planning to develop or automate the project analysis, estimation tool in DWH/BI. Life cycle and life cycle scenario can be anything but of DWH/BI. I have thought of these points tools at all layers,prelim info with all inputs,different phase estimation,Key Qs,Real estimation for all phases, Resource allocation,Compatibility Analysis, Pain points and maybe some more.

I can see that many orgs produce lots of promises with matrices, profitability, tco, roi. If this

can bring or help in producing results, it is worth doing it. 

Can someone suggest me more

Thanks and regards,

2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: DWH/BI Project Analysis, Estimation,resource tool

In my opinion .... considering the dynamic nature of projects and ever changing requirements and different amount of information available .... it is not easy to make a generic tool .... rather you can compile a set of guidelines of DOs and DONTs.

There already exist a set of parameters/guidelines to suggest steps and processes to follow on a high-level to estimate and analyze the project.

Teradata also has a proprietary Teradata Solution Methodology, which helps/guides the implementation team through the life-cycle of the project.

Enthusiast

Re: DWH/BI Project Analysis, Estimation,resource tool

Yes agreed.

For sure, I know it won't fit into all project reqts :). However, if it fetches  a good amount of information and results for projection, then it saves  a lot. So on the points, I noted above, if there are some more to be added...

Visibility of the project phase and  requirement of planning in the beginning, if it can spell out, then it will be helpful in  many facets.