Informatica and mload Security

Third Party Software
Enthusiast

Informatica and mload Security

We would like to use Teradata sso or a 3rd party authentication tool (com object) with Informatica creating mload scripts loading data into Teradata. Is this possible? Is it possible NOT to store the Teradata target database password in Informatica? or do we have to edit the mload control file to change?
2 REPLIES
Fan

Re: Informatica and mload Security

You can store the Informatica password in the Teradata MultiLoad connection object, however...be aware that the password will be written to clear text to your MLoad control script. In order to work around this, Informatica and Teradata suggest that you use Teradata's LogOnExit function. This can be found within the CLI SDK. When you use Informatica you will use the keywork pmnullpasswd and no password is sent to the MLoad file. Good luck.
Fan

Re: Informatica and mload Security

I should note that it depends on what you are running Informatica and Teradata on (OS). We were running INformatica on Windows (I know not optimal but my hand was forced). There might be other options if you are running Unix to Unix, as I recall there was something else that teh Teradata Support suggested, but it didn't work with our environment, so you might want to check with them as well.