JDeveloper Error "Table qualifiers not supported by data source"

Third Party Software

JDeveloper Error "Table qualifiers not supported by data source"

I have TD13 Jar downloaded and referenced in the CLASSPATH for my windows desktop (2 files - terajdbc4.jar
and tdgssconfig.jar). I also added the TdgssUserConfigFile.xml to the classpath.

My classpath looks like this:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_15\lib\ext\QTJava.zip;C:\Program Files\NCR\Teradata GSS\nt-i386\LCLIENT\lib\java\terajdbc4.jar;C:\Program Files\NCR\Teradata GSS\nt-i386\LCLIENT\lib\java\tdgssconfig.jar;C:\Program Files\NCR\Teradata GSS\nt-i386\LCLIENT\lib\java\TdgssUserConfigFile.xml;

I am still getting the error in JDev when trying to highlight or refresh a table/view in Teradata instance:

oracle.javatools.db.DBException: java.sql.SQLException: [NCR][ODBC Teradata Driver] Table qualifiers not supported by data source
at oracle.javatools.db.jdbc.JdbcDDLDatabase.listObjectsImpl(JdbcDDLDatabase.java:286)
at oracle.javatools.db.AbstractDBObjectProvider.listObjectsImpl(AbstractDBObjectProvider.java:693)
at oracle.javatools.db.ddl.DDLDatabase.listObjectsImpl(DDLDatabase.java:89)
at oracle.javatools.db.AbstractDBObjectProvider.listObjects(AbstractDBObjectProvider.java:1377)
at oracle.javatools.db.AbstractDBObjectProvider.listObjects(AbstractDBObjectProvider.java:1369)
at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.dbapi.MetadataFolderInstance.getChildren(MetadataFolderInstance.java:30)
at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.dbapi.MetadataFolderInstance.listChildren(MetadataFolderInstance.java:62)
at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.ObjectFilter$ObjectFilterLoadTask.doWorkImpl(ObjectFilter.java:55)
at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.DeferredLoadingFilter$FilterLoadTask.doWork(DeferredLoadingFilter.java:124)
at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.DeferredLoadingFilter$FilterLoadTask.doWork(DeferredLoadingFilter.java:113)
at oracle.dbtools.raptor.backgroundTask.RaptorTask.call(RaptorTask.java:193)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
at oracle.dbtools.raptor.backgroundTask.RaptorTaskManager$RaptorFutureTask.run(RaptorTaskManager.java:492)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: [NCR][ODBC Teradata Driver] Table qualifiers not supported by data source
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(JdbcOdbc.java:6957)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(JdbcOdbc.java:7114)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLTables(JdbcOdbc.java:5518)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDatabaseMetaData.getTables(JdbcOdbcDatabaseMetaData.java:2395)
at oracle.javatools.db.jdbc.JdbcDDLDatabase.getTablesImpl(JdbcDDLDatabase.java:350)
at oracle.javatools.db.jdbc.JdbcDDLDatabase.getTables(JdbcDDLDatabase.java:308)
at oracle.javatools.db.jdbc.JdbcDDLDatabase.listObjectsImpl(JdbcDDLDatabase.java:220)
... 19 more

Help, please!

Sean
2 REPLIES

Re: JDeveloper Error "Table qualifiers not supported by data source"

To clarify: I am able to do SELECT in the worksheet, just not able to go to the Schema and click on Table or View, it immediately gives me error without showing the underlying tables or views, this is in the left side of Jdev - Database Navigator. My JDev is Studio Edition Version 11.1.1.3.0.
Teradata Employee

Re: JDeveloper Error "Table qualifiers not supported by data source"

You're not using the Teradata JDBC Driver; you're actually using the JDBC-ODBC bridge with the Teradata ODBC Driver.

Notice that the first line of the exception stack trace includes "[ODBC Teradata Driver]"

and the stack trace also lists the class "sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc", which is the JDBC-ODBC bridge.

--Tom