Number Data type - Teradata 14 with Microstrategy 9.2.1 / 9.3

Third Party Software

Number Data type - Teradata 14 with Microstrategy 9.2.1 / 9.3

Hello everyone,

We are having a problem when using NUMBER data type in the Data Warehouse that is being used by Microstrategy.

When in the warehouse we use NUMBER data type, in Microstrategy Desktop Warehouse Catalog, the columns using this data type show "Unknown" in the Data Type Description.

This is making a lot of the reports that use attributes mapped to this columns to fail.

We tried both with Microstrategy 9.2.1 and Microstrategy 9.3 but the "Unknown" data type keeps appearing.

Is there anyone who is using this BI tool with TD 14? Has anyone deal with this issue before?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

3 REPLIES

Re: Number Data type - Teradata 14 with Microstrategy 9.2.1 / 9.3

Leandro:

Check the compatibility matr¡ix. I'm not sure that MS 9.2.1 & 9.3 is certified to work with TD 14 yet.

Cheers.

Carlos.

sg1
Teradata Employee

The NUMBER datatype is supported with MSTR9.3.0.  Suggest you upgrade to the latest 9.3.0 Hotfix.  I have done some simple tests; and seem to have no problem mapping the NUMBER datatype into MSTR facts with 9.3.0/HF2 & TD14.

Please try latest 9.3.0/HF2.  If you still have any issues, I recommend you open a Tech Support Case with MicroStrategy.

sg1
Teradata Employee

Looks like NUMBER datatype support was introduced in Teradata ODBC 14.00.00.01. Recommend also updating to latest ODBC 14 driver e-fix; which today is 14.00.00.04. Possibly if you were using ODBC 14.00.00.00; MicroStrategy couldn't regcognize the NUMBER datatype.