Teradata on Linux

Third Party Software
Enthusiast

Teradata on Linux

Hi,
I would like to know whether is there any Teradata evaluation/free version available for Linux platforms..?
if so please provide me the download link.

Thanks
Shinesh
8 REPLIES

Re: Teradata on Linux

As far as I know, the developers edition is available only for Windows. We've had to keep an XP box around for development and testing purposes.
Enthusiast

teradata can run under networking os ( xp) and unix- mp ras
Teradata Employee

Yes; see

http://developer.teradata.com/database/articles/teradata-express-13-0-family-available

Enthusiast

TERADATA ON WINDOWS -XP

First  Bynet will be installed after that utilities will installed 

I knw how to configure in windows-xp in control panel --> Adminstrative Tools -->Data sources -->Click on SystemDSN---> Click ADD ---Select TERADATA---> click on FINISH. After this give ODBC name ABCODBC and IP Address will be 127.0.0.1 and userid,pwd are DBC,DBC or TDUSER,TDUSER. finally click on OK,

Then OUR ODBC connection for Windows will be configured.

Enthusiast

How to Install TERADATA on LINUX,and please tell me how to configure step by step.

iam using RED HAT LINUX .Please tell me step by step.

Enthusiast

First, download and install VMWare player.  Then download Teradata Express Edition for VMWare Player.  Just unzip the files to a disk with sufficient free space.  Then run the Teradata VM by opening the provided *.vmx file using VMWare Player.

Teradata Employee

We have TD express for VMware installed on a Red Hat server.  The database is running and we can login to it using BTEQ in Linux.  We located the IP address of the database using ifconfig, but we can not connect to it or ping it from an external PC client.

Enthusiast

Why do we need to install VMWare ?
I installed on my linux but can't seems to find the database.