Unable to connect to Teradata using SQL Assistant and Teradata Administrator

Third Party Software
Enthusiast

Unable to connect to Teradata using SQL Assistant and Teradata Administrator

Hi

I have installed Teradata demo on Windows 2000 machine and I have been working comfortable with the same using SQL Assistant and Administrator (7.1).

Recently I installed the same demo version on Windows 2003 and I have been trying to connect to it using SQL Assistant and it gives me the error (160: Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 124 (Teradata). When I try and connect using Administrator I get the error "10054: 10054 WSA E ConnReset: Connection reset by peer" and the service stops.

I do not have any firewalls and my hosts file is untouched (the same as with 2000). I have tried installing the latest ODBC drivers but the result is unchanged.

Any help is resolving this issue would be highly appreciated.
8 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Unable to connect to Teradata using SQL Assistant and Teradata Administrator

An update.

In the readme for the demo for Teradata it clearly says that it will work with Windows 2000 Professional, Server,
and Advanced Server with SP4, Windows XP Home or Professional with,
SP1 or higher, or Windows Server 2003 Standard or Enterprise (32 bit).

I am facing problems with installation of Teradata on Windows 2003 Ent Edition (32 bit). I am able to install it but the moment I connect to it using the Teradata administrator it says that the connectionm reset be peer and stops the Teradata server service.

So does it mean that Teradata demo will not run on Windows Server 2003?

Re: Unable to connect to Teradata using SQL Assistant and Teradata Administrator

Hi, i am getting the same error message when I tried to create a data source on Windows 2003 server. Have you able to resolve this issue?

thanks,
Tony
Enthusiast

Teradata CANNOT run unless Physical Address Extension (PAE) is completely disabled, that is /noexecute must be alwaysoff (/noexecute=alwaysoff) and /pae must be /nopae (if it exists) in the boot.ini. This disables the extended address mode (which supports > 4GB). Without this option, the box will run in extended mode even if it only has 4GB or less of memory.

To view and edit the boot.ini file:

Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.

In Control Panel, double-click System.

Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
Under System startup, click Edit.

This brings up the boot.ini file under notepad.

Look for the “/noexecute” option and change the value to “alwaysoff”

If that option does not exist, append “/noexecute=alwaysoff” to the end of the line containing your operating system name.

If there exists a “/pae” option, change it to “/nopae”.

Save and restart computer

Once the computer is back up, restart the Teradata Express install starting with the BYNET.

This will solve the issue !!!

Thanx for sharing

[url=http://www.paddockpro.com]Horse Farm Management Software[/url]

i instilled downloaded teradata express 12 in windows vista, ii stared TERADATA SERVICE CONTROL , and i am trying to connect Teradata SQL Assistant it giving 10054 WSAE ConnReset Connection reset by peer , pls help me to solve this issue

i have to install teradata express12 in windows server2008. i stared TERADATA SERVICE CONTROL , and i am trying to connect Teradata SQL Assistant it giving 10054 WSAE ConnReset Connection reset by peer , pls help me to solve this issue
Fan

Frist check these setps:

The hosts file is not set up properly.

DNS is not set up properly.

if above is correct then ,

Connection reset by peer.

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. This normally results if the peer application on the remote host is suddenly stopped, the host is rebooted, the host or remote network interface is disabled, or the remote host uses a hard close (seesetsockopt for more information on the SO_LINGER option on the remote socket). This error may also result if a connection was broken due to keep-alive activity detecting a failure while one or more operations are in progress. Operations that were in progress fail with WSAENETRESET. Subsequent operations fail with WSAECONNRESET.

Source Link for Winsock Error Code List 

http://kb.globalscape.com/ KnowledgebaseArticle10140.aspx

There are two types to connect to database or user in SQL assistant

1. Just Connect to tdadm then write DATABASE <USERNAME>; and execute.

2. if you want to connect to database then u have to create user in ODBC driver

--> Open ODBC Data source Administrater then Click SYSTEM DNS then Click ADD then scroll down and select Teradata and click Finish. and One Box Open. edit Like user_name, password and Name of IP Address (127.0.0.1) and click OK. then open SQL Assistant and you can choose the what have you done before than connect to the user or database

simple