ARCMAIN

Tools & Utilities
Junior Supporter

ARCMAIN

I have attempted several times to run some ARCMAIN tests under Windows 10 via a batch job and have failed. The .BAT file is this :    ARCMAIN CHECKPOINT=50 OUTLOG=ARCALL.OUT <ARCTABLE.TXT.

I initially omitted the logon stmt. in my first run. I received error *** failure ARC0202:ARCHIVE was not expected ***

I then added it as shown below.

The ARCTABLE.TXT now is this:  

logon teradata/sysdba,xxxxxx;                         <---------------------------- omitted on first run

archive data tables (hockey_pool.arctest_game_results),

release lock,

file=arctest;

logoff;

From the first run on I am getting the same error no matter what I change e.g. checkpoint= , the name of the outlog file or the table to be archived etc. ARCMAIN obviously seems to be in some sort of restart mode since its using the original parms etc. Any ideas what I can do to essentially start the job from the beginning which will enable it use new parms etc.  

thanks

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Junior Supporter

Re: ARCMAIN

OK.. finally resorted to a recycle of Teradata and Windows... reran my Arcmain scripts as is and voila.... success.... go figure that....I'll certainly keep close watch on my arc jobs and see if this issue resurfaces.... B

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES
Junior Supporter

OK.. finally resorted to a recycle of Teradata and Windows... reran my Arcmain scripts as is and voila.... success.... go figure that....I'll certainly keep close watch on my arc jobs and see if this issue resurfaces.... B

Teradata Employee

Note: the CHECKPOINT parameter is a depricated feature and now only really applicable for mainframe based arcmain