BTEQ DLL question - entry point not found

Tools & Utilities
Fan

BTEQ DLL question - entry point not found

We have a pair of Windows Server 2008R2 machines (Xeon, 4 cores; 32GB RAM each) used as an Informatica 9.6.1 PowerCenter grid, which have several Teradata tools installed. 

ETL developers complained to me that BTEQ doesn't run right in the grid so I had to shut one of the nodes down.  To test, I opened a command window on each machine and attempted to run bteq. 

Server 1 can run BTEQ just fine, but Server 2 throws an error:

bteq.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point ecln_cleanupOne could not be located in the dynamic link library icuuctd36.dll

I've checked all environment variables and between Server 1 and Server 2 they are identical, even down to the order of the entries under PATH. 

I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling the ODBC for Teradata 32 bit and 64 bit, as well as CLIv2 based on some of what I've found online, but to no avail.

I'm suspecting there is a corruption in one of the components that bteq relies on, but I'm not familiar enough with the tools to know which one. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on what is missing somewhere or where to go next with this? 

There's quite a list of installed Teradata components (I inherited these machines this way, not sure what we have that might be extraneous but I'm sure there is clutter):

Teradata Administrator 13.10.0.2

Teradata Administrator 13.10.0.3

Teradata ARC 13.10.0.7

Teradata BTEQ 13.10.0.5

Teradata C PP2 13.10.0.3

Teradata ClIv2 13.10.0.8

Teradata CLIv2 nt-x8664 13.10.0.2

Teradata Data Connector 13.10.0.2

Teradata Data Connector nt-8664 13.10.0.9

Teradata FastExport 13.10.0.3

Teradata FastLoad 13.10.0.3

Teradata GSS Client nt-i386 13.10.0.3

Teradata GSS Client nt-i386 13.10.0.6

Teradata GSS Client nt-x8664 13.10.0.6

Teradata GSS Client nt-x8664 13.10.2.2

Teradata GSS Client nt-x8664 13.10.4.1

Teradata GSS Client nt-x8664 14.10.1.6

Teradata Index Wizard 13.10.0.3

Teradata MultiLoad 13.10.0.3

Teradata Named Pipes Access Module 13.10.0.3

Teradata Named Pipes Access Module nt-x8664 13.10.0.3

Teradata OLE DB Acess Module 13.10.0.2

Teradata Parallel Transporter API 13.10.0.2

Teradata Parallel Transporter API x8664 13.10.0.7

Teradata Parallel Transporter Base nt-8664 13.10.0.3

Teradata Parallel Transporter Export Operator 13.10.02

Teradata Parallel Transporter Export Operator x8664 13.10.0.6

Teradata Parallel Transporter Infrastructure 13.10.0.2

Teradata Parallel Transporter Load Operator 13.10.0.2

Teradata Parallel Transporter Stream Operator 13.10.0.2

Teradata Parallel Transporter Stream Operator x8664 13.10.0.7

Teradata Parallel Transporter Update Operator 13.10.0.2

Teradata Parallel Transporter Update Operator x8664 13.10.0.4

Teradata Performance Monitor Object 13.10.0.1

Teradata SQL Assistant 13.10.0.4

Teradata Statistics Wizard 13.1.0.2

Teradata System Emulation Tool 13.10.0.4

Teradata TPump 13.10.0.2

Teradata Visual Explain 13.10.0.4

Teradata Workload Analyzer 13.10.0.3

Many thanks in advance to anyone who has a suggestion.

2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: BTEQ DLL question - entry point not found

'llo,

Think you are on the right track, first off I'd suggest contacting Teradata support for assistance.

Teradata doesn't really support having multuple versions of TTU on the same box ie. the upgrade process is usually to uninstall the old version then install the new version, unfortunatley the uninstall process isn't always clean.

nb. noticed that the majority of packages listed here are major-minor 13.10, however there is a listing of GSS at 14.10 which looks out of place

If you have a base/bundle of current compatible packages there is usually a vbs script bundled with it called uninstall_TTU.vbs with a howto document, obviously it would be recommended to do a system backup (including the registry) beforehand just in case.

ta'

Fan

Re: BTEQ DLL question - entry point not found

Thanks for taking a look and understanding my newbi-ness to what needs / doesn't need to be in place. 

I've cleaned off what I could, but some of those pieces are a bit tricky.  I have to wait on our DBA team to open the ticket with Teradata support, I think.