Best Memory specification for SQL Assistant V13

Tools & Utilities

Best Memory specification for SQL Assistant V13

Hi All,

Can any one can tell what could be the best Memory specification for SQL Assistant V13 ? currently my PC is having 512 MB of RAM and I am planning to upgrade ... Will it helps to improve the performance of SQL Assistant ?

Thanks ! Sam

3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Best Memory specification for SQL Assistant V13

Memory for PCs and Notebooks is relatively cheap. I would suggest for the overall performance of your computer to upgrade to at least 2GB of RAM if it supports it. Personally, I am running 8GB of RAM in my MacBook Pro and dedicate 2GB of RAM just to my Windows XP guest OS in VMware.

I am adding some more information ..

i. My PC is only a client and server is at different location

ii. My PC often gets stuck when I am running the queries..

I understand that all the processing happens at the server side and in the client we are not doing any process. So how does upgrading the RAM improves the retrieval process ?

Appreciate if you can provide those details.

Enthusiast

Which version on SQL Assistant are you using? SQL Assistant should not cause your computer to become unresponsive for the duration of the query.

If your computer is becoming unresponsive while records are being returned by Teradata check out the discussion on how to improve the performance of BTEQ and SQL Assistant Imports (http://forums.teradata.com/forum/tools/speed-up-imports-in-bteq-or-sql-assistant). There may be some hints there that will apply to your situation.