Compatability Of TTU12 Administrator And Teradata 13.0

Tools & Utilities
Enthusiast

Compatability Of TTU12 Administrator And Teradata 13.0

Hi,

We're in the process of upgrading to new servers running TD13.0 but as usual the team who prepares the desktop TTU utility packaging are running way behind and don't have a TTU13 version of Administrator for us to use yet for our testing.

I've tried and get an error message about SQL Type = 13.0 being missing from the winddi.DEF file.

Can anybody tell me if the TTU12 version will work or am I going to have to wait for our PC team to deliver the TTU13 version ?
2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Compatability Of TTU12 Administrator And Teradata 13.0

You can make the TTU 12 versdion work by editing the winddi.def file (in the \sql sub-directory)

If you will ONLY be working with TD 13.0 (not 12.0) then you can simply change the first line of this file from [12.0] to [13.0].

If you will be working with both TD 12.0 and 13.0 you will need to COPY the entire section headed [12.0] - everything up to, but not including, the line that says [6.0] - and insert it at the front of the file. THEN change the first line of this copied section to say [13.0].

This will allow you to work with TD 13, but it wil not support any new features of the TD 13 database.

NOTE - If you have Teradata Administrator set to use the X views you will need to make these changes to the WinddiX.def file instead.
(TdAdmin version 13 onward will automatically handle this 'forward compatability' for you.)
Enthusiast

Re: Compatability Of TTU12 Administrator And Teradata 13.0

Mike,

Thanks for the reply, not long after posting that I got it to 'work'.

As I need to work with both TD12 & TD13 for some time I did more or less what you suggested in that I copied the TTU13 version of the DEF file into my TTU12 build and it works.

This should be enough for what I need until I get the full TTU13 build, at least another couple of weeks.