Console utilities in teradata Manager

Tools & Utilities
Enthusiast

Console utilities in teradata Manager

When i try to run qury session from remote console utility in Teradata manager, I get permission denied error(3910).
Messages manual says that system Administrator should grant permissions to enable the user(currenlty logged on) to run the utility.

As per my understanding of the the tool, when we create a profile from authorization tab of teradata manager setup, we tick the rconsole button to enable access to all users who are assigned that particular profile.The Profile in which Iam currently running the utility has access to remote console, but, Iam not able to run the query session from remote console.

can anyone tell me how i can run the utilities from remote console?

PS:- I know that we can run the utilities from database window, I would like to understand the usage from teradata manager
4 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Console utilities in teradata Manager

can anyone respond to this one?
Teradata Employee

Ticking the box means you can start the interface. To actually run a utility you must have EXECUTE permission on the corresponding MACRO in the CONSOLE database.

(The default macro is a null statement; it can also be modified e.g. to log information about who ran what and when.)
Enthusiast

Thanks Fred, it worked :-)
I have one more question for you :-) How does Grant or revoke on utilities from supervisor window work? what is implication of granting or revoking permissions on utilities/tools from supervisor window?
Teradata Employee

GRANT / REVOKE in the supervisor window pertain to rights to run the utilities from the database window, outside of Teradata Manager