Double-byte handling in TPT

Tools & Utilities
Enthusiast

Double-byte handling in TPT

well, can anyone give me some tips about handling double-byte in TPT script? In my project, i use the "|" as delimiter, but some double-byte characters in the source file have the '7C' value there. The load operator can not do the right parsing. Any tips? Thanks!
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Double-byte handling in TPT

The version of TPT that you are using does not support scenarios where the delimiter character can be part of the data.

We are enhancing TPT's handling of delimited data, but even with the new implementation, the only way that we will support delimiters as part of data will require you to enclose your data in double-quotes.
-- SteveF
Enthusiast

Thanks, feinholz. so your suggestion is that we should have used such routines to avoid this issue, such as INMOD, am i right?
Enthusiast

Additional question: TPT can use ODBC connector via only DataDirect, and unixODBC can NOT works for it, am i right?
Teradata Employee

TPT is only "certified" with the ODBC drivers from DataDirect.

There are some customers who have had success using other drivers such as Oracle's (11g) or Microsoft's (not much though) and it is a use-at-your-own-risk.

We will not offer support if you use non-DD drivers.

-- SteveF
Teradata Employee

To answer your delimiter question, if you are trying to do something that we do not support, then yes you would need to use an INMOD to covnert the data into a format we understand. Or change the delimiter to one that is supported by TPT.

What version of TPT are you using?
-- SteveF
Enthusiast

13.10 TPT support multi-charactor delimiter. I had removed such issue via multi-charactor delimiter quite well. Thanks feinholz!