Easy Loader Issue

Tools & Utilities
Enthusiast

Easy Loader Issue

I'm trying to load a csv file into a table using TPT Easy Loader.

The error I'm receiving is "Object Addresses2_RL does not exist." on the first run of the below script.

tdload -f "C:\addresses_table.csv" -t "Addresses2" -h tdat15 -u user1 -p *pw* --TargetWorkingDatabase "SQL_CLASS" -d ,

Addresses2_RL exists in the user1 database while it looks like _ET and _UV tables are created in the target working database SQL_CLASS.

How do I fix this issue?

Thank you for your help.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Easy Loader Issue

I created the Addresses2 table in the user1 default database which happens to be "user1" and I was able to get this to work because the error, violation and restart logs were all created under this database.  

It looks like there may be an issue in that the restart log is created under the user's default database and not under the working database (unless this is by design).  If there is something wrong with my commadn line please let me know.  Thanks!

Teradata Employee

This was by design. (It is the way the script-based TPT works as well.)

If you would like the restart log table to be created somewhere else, you must be explicit in the table name (add database qualifier).

-- SteveF
Enthusiast

Hi Steve:

Thanks for the reply.

So the source and target working databases which I had set in the script don't determine where the restart log is created?

Sorry if I misunderstood, but it sounds like you are saying the restart log will be created in the default database unless I qualify the table name and that the working database don't affect this only the qualified target table.  

The documentation from the reference guide could be a little clearer on this.  Also, I think the --SourceWorkingDatabase entry should be referring to the source table and not the target.  This is from the reference guide...

--SourceWorkingDatabase

The database where the target table is located.

--TargetWorkingDatabase

The database containing the target table.

Note: This option is required if the target table resides in a

database that is different from the default database of the

specified Teradata user.

Thanks again for answering my question. This loader is very nice.