Error while loading data from teradata to SQL Server - TPT registry key cannot be opened

Tools & Utilities
Enthusiast

Error while loading data from teradata to SQL Server - TPT registry key cannot be opened

Hi all,

I am building an SSIS package in SQL Server BIDS 2008 version to pull data from Teradata and dump to SQL Server.

1. I am able to connect to Teradata sucessfully as Source.

2. Connection to SQL Server as Destination is also good.

2. When I am running the package I am getting the error

*********  ERROR *******

[Teradata Source [173]] Error: The Teradata TPT registry key cannot be opened. Verify that the TPT API 12.0 or 13.0 Edition 2 (13.0.0.2) for

Windows x86 is installed properly.

Deatils :

Windows 7

Teradata 14.0 version.

Microsoft® Connectors v1.2 for Oracle and Teradata 

SQL Server BIDS 2008 to create SSIS.

When I am checking my control panel -> Programs and Feature -> (have)

1. Teradata Parallel Transport Base 14.0

2. Teradata Parallel Transport Stream 14.0

on my Machine TPT is

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Teradata\Client\14.00\Teradata Parallel Transporter Base

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Teradata\Client\14.00\Teradata Parallel Transporter Stream

then why it is looking for TPT API 12.0 or 13.0 Edition 2 (13.0.0.2)

How to solve this issue.

Please help.

Abhay Nautiyal

11 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Error while loading data from teradata to SQL Server - TPT registry key cannot be opened

Hi,

Can you please try the following:

Run you BIDS as administrator and then give it a test, I am sure this will solve the issue.

The second thing you can is to go to Environment variables, and check TPT settings in path variable, there might be two entries for TPT. remove one and it will be working fine.

Khurram
Enthusiast

Re: Error while loading data from teradata to SQL Server - TPT registry key cannot be opened

Thanks for the reply

1. I ran BIDS as Administrator, still the same issue.

2. I am not very clear about second thing, are you talking about registry ? or somewhere esle ?

is "Microsoft® Connectors v1.2 for Oracle and Teradata " works with Teradata 14.0 ?

I am not able to understand, if I have installed Teradata 14.0 why it is searching for TPT API 12.0 or 13.0 ?

Thanks in advance

Abhay

Enthusiast

I think I am getting your problem, You need to go to the Computer properties, go to advanced proprties, go to environment variables, and within system variables go to the Path variable. copy its value part to notepad and check entries for the TPT. there must be more than one entries. retain only single version entry you want to use and delete others. Or remove the older version entries. I believe the older version entries are listed before the new version in path variable, so system goes to search for that version.

Make a copy of this Path variable string before making any changes :)

Hope it will solve your issue.

Khurram
Enthusiast

thx..

C:\Program Files\Teradata\client\14.00\Teradata Parallel Transporter\bin;

C:\Program Files\Teradata\client\14.00\Teradata Parallel Transporter\msg;

C:\Program Files\Teradata\Client\14.00\bin\;

C:\Program Files\Teradata\Client\14.00\CLIv2\;

C:\Program Files\Teradata\Client\14.00\ODBC Driver for Teradata\Lib\;

C:\Program Files\Teradata\Client\14.00\Shared ICU Libraries for Teradata\lib\;

This is what I pulled from PATH variable.

I never installed previous versions prior to 14.

I also noticed that a variable "_MSGCATLOCATION" is also having the value

_MSGCATLOCATION = "C:\Program Files\Teradata\client\14.00\Teradata ParallelTransporter\msg"

Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks

Enthusiast

Hi,

It looks Ok. What I feel is that your Microsoft® Connectors v1.2 for Oracle and Teradata version is not supported with TD 14.

Go to the following link and get the updated drivers. I am sure this will solve the issue.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mattm/archive/2012/04/04/microsoft-connectors-v2-0-for-oracle-and-teradata-n...

Khurram
Enthusiast

thank you..

1. I downloaded the "Microsoft® Connectors v2.0 for Oracle and Teradata"

2. Uninstalled the Microsoft® Connectors v1.2

3. Stopped the SSIS serviced

4. Opened SSIS package -> Data flow sources -> I am not able to see the V2.0 components even though it is installed.

5. I think V2.0 works with SQL Server 2012 and not on 2008. I am using SQL Server 2008.

I pulled the text from Connector 2.0

Microsoft Connector for Teradata by Attunity Version 2.0 > Connector Overview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connector Overview

This help module describes the Microsoft Connector for Teradata by Attunity, Native Teradata source and destination for Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services. The components are written to achieve optimal performance when loading data into Teradata or unloading data from Teradata in the context of Microsoft SSIS.

Version Support

The following Microsoft SQL Server products are supported by the SSIS components for Teradata:

Microsoft SQL Server 2012

• SQL Server Data Tools

Enthusiast

Hi,

So the conclusion is the Connectors v1.2 version is not supported with TD 14, but supported with SSIS 2008.

and Connectors v2.0 version is supported with TD 14 but for that you will need to install SSIS-2012.

So we have two options, wither you can downgrade the Teradata version from 14 to 13, OR you can upgrade your SSIS version to 2012.

Khurram
Enthusiast

Thanks Khurram !!

I think the conclusion is right.

As of now I donto which option i will be taking :)

Hi,

i had same problem. after reading through this post, i downgraded to 13, but still same problem :(