Fast Export into a Access .mdb format

Tools & Utilities
Enthusiast

Fast Export into a Access .mdb format

Hello .. We are using Teradata 13. I have a requirement to generate multiple .mdb files from two Teradata tables on a monthly basis. The tables are being built by an automated process, and the .mdb generation is expected to be part of the process. On a manual mode, we can use Teradata SQL Assistant --> Export results --> Execute --> Save as Type, and choose .mdb or .txt or .csv or something, and this is very straight forward. I am trying to do the same in a batch mode. I have to create various .mdb files from the above automated task. Is there a way to do this using bteq or fexp ? Or do I need to write the data to a .csv and then export to MS Access ?? Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Fast Export into a Access .mdb format

Why not use Access to query the data?  Pull it from Access rather than "pushing" from TD.

Enthusiast

Thanks for the input, but, the need is to create an .mdb which needs to be FTP'd somewhere. We dont even need to open up the file. We are trying to automate an existing manual process, which involves multiple groups and parties, so trying not to make any format changes, as much as possible. If not, it would have been much easier for us to create a .txt file zip it and send it out.

Teradata Employee

Teradata OLE DB Access Module can be used here. Go through the "Teradata Access Module Reference" manual and set up a batch job, exporting data from Teradata Database using Fastexport to OLE DB Provider which will connect to Access database.

I export the data to mdb using the manual method, but I need to automate the process to export the data directly to mdb format from teradata, please any body can guide me with the query logic.

Thanks in advance!!!