FastLoad: Unable to load certain txt files using FastLoad Scrip but colleague can using same file, same script...

Tools & Utilities

FastLoad: Unable to load certain txt files using FastLoad Scrip but colleague can using same file, same script...

Hi All,

Firstly, I'll apologise up front for anything silly I may say, I like to think I am reasonably technical but thats probably not to a great extent. Anyway, i'll try to explain the issue I'm having as clearly as possible in the hope someone can put me out of my misery!

So its pretty much as the title of this post suggests, on attempting to load certain text files, FastLoad fails for me, the confusing element of that is that a colleague is able to load the exact same file (from the same location), using exactly the same script (apart from logon details) and it happily completes the process (also using the same version of OLELoad (13)).

To be honest, I'm not completed convinced that the issue is TD related however our enviroment is pretty restricted and I doubt anything system wise would be different between myself and my colleague (although maybe that is the answer). The reason I am doubting it is TD related is that in notepad, when I open the file I get the black diamond/? character whereas my colleague doesnt and sees the correct character... I think this is probably the reason why the load fails but it doesnt actually help me know whats wrong as such.

Any help gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Jon

1 REPLY
Teradata Employee

Re: FastLoad: Unable to load certain txt files using FastLoad Scrip but colleague can using same file, same script...

In the future, it would be helpful if you could provide more information than just "my job fails".

What type of failure?

What is the error message?

What platform?

What version of FastLoad?

What record format for the file?

What is the script?

What session character set are you using?

What does your data look like?

Etc...

-- SteveF