Fastload Error - logon mechanism is not supported in the version of CLI

Tools & Utilities

Fastload Error - logon mechanism is not supported in the version of CLI

Hi All,

I'm relatively new to using teradata and trying to use the fastload utility as i have half a million rows to insert into an empty table.

I've tried use the LOGON mechanism in Fastload to login to the teradata database, but keep getting an error back on the cmd line in windows stating "logon mechanism is not support in the version of CLI". I'm using fastload version 16.00.00.00 on a 64 bit window 7 machine.

Step1: C:>fastload

Step2: logmech LDAP

Step3: LOGON <databaseurl>/<username>,<password>;

I've also created a script and when running it on the command line using C:> fastload < myfastloadscript.txt I get a different error "CLI '224' occurred while connecting to the RDBMS"

Does anyone know what could be causing these errors? I can connected to the database using LDAP and the same credentials using SQL assistant, so unsure what's going on with fastload or if there is a trick to it.

Regards,

Brendan

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Fastload Error - logon mechanism is not supported in the version of CLI

FastLoad commands require either leading "dot" (indicating a single-line command), or trailing semicolon delimiter, or both.

I've tried that and still getting the error "logon mechanism is not support by this version of CLI". When using LDAP is there anything i need to change in config?

Teradata Employee

"I've tried that" means what exactly? A script starting with the two lines

.logmech ldap

.logon  tdpid/username,password

should work.

Otherwise consider upgrading to a current patch level or newer version of TTU.

BTW - CLI 224 indicates the tdpid could not be resolved, which is an entirely different error. Note that tdpid is not URL, it's the hostname prefix (for COP# discovery) or full hostname or IP address. CLI 507 would indicate requested logon mechanism not available.