Getting an error on xport command

Tools & Utilities
PDR
N/A

Getting an error on xport command

I am a new teradata user, I am getting an error when trying to xport data into a flat file from teradata table.
*** Failure 3150 DQM Resource violation: Answer set size, Estimated value of 1051082348 exceeds limit of 500000000, Global Rule, Regulation applies from 00:00 to 24:00

Appreciate any help

I tried couple of things & it works now.

3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Getting an error on xport command

Your DBA has set a resource limit using TDQM which prevents your from firing SQLs whose estimated result set size exceeds 500000000.

Probably "the couple of things" you tried fixed a logic error in query (may be you forgot to put some join conditions resulting in product joins and hence a larger estimated result set size) or you added some filter conditions later which resulted in fewer number of rows in the answer set.

your DBA must be able to fill in the blanks for you.
Enthusiast

Joed,

I would like to know if the rowcount is taken from the actual execution of the query or from the Parser (Explain plan).

I face the same issue when doing a cross join with two datasets having just 1 records each. Expalin plan shows more than 1 Billion rowcount as output. When executed fails with 3150 error.

Could you please through some more lights on this?
Enthusiast

Found that the error is thrown by Dispatcher :-(