How to resolve the 'Expired' status in TD Query Scheduler (QS)

Tools & Utilities
Fan

How to resolve the 'Expired' status in TD Query Scheduler (QS)

Hi all,

The 'Expired' status can be found in the Status column of the TD QS Viewer application. When I only had a handful of jobs, I used to just drop and recreate a scheduled request to get rid of the 'Expired' status. (Yes, it may be primitive, but it worked for me then). But now, I have a whole system of jobs and they eventually expire after some time. It just doesn't make sense for me to reset them manually anymore. I want the jobs to stop expiring and just let them run continuously unless I manually stop them.

I've looked around : I've looked at the 'QS Operations' and 'QS Administrator' applications; I've checked the PDF manuals, the training manuals, IT forums, the old TD forums but have not found anything yet. This would be my last resort before going official through TD customer service.

The closest I got was in the TD QS Operations application. Under "Information", click "Scheduled Requests" and pick the "Scheduled Jobs" tab. There is a column called 'Max Run D/T', which I think is the expiry date of the request. I tried to find a place to edit it but to no avail.

Somewhere, there has to be a setting I can fiddle with that specifies how long before the scheduled requests expire.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance,

Jomark
1 REPLY
Teradata Employee

Re: How to resolve the 'Expired' status in TD Query Scheduler (QS)

The maximum duration of a task is 28 days. A longer duration or no expire option is a good idea for a future release.

The expiration interval for individual requests can be configured on the Scheduling tab of the Submit Request (or View/Modify Request) dialog By changing the start days or month you would be able to extend the run for another 28 days from the new start date.

To get to this screen for a job that already exists, go to the Scheduler Viewer, double-click on the job; this opens the tabbed request dialog. Click on the Scheduling tab.
The maximum interval is 28 days and 23 hours (there is no option to "never expire"). That is, 28 days from the job's scheduled start time.

The TQS Administrator application lets you set the default interval for each TQS profile:
- Configuration > Scheduler Profiles
- Select a profile from the list
- Edit --> This opens the Scheduler Profile Properties screen.
- On the Scheduling tab, edit the Start Interval fields. Again, 28 days is the maximum.
This profile-level setting would then apply to *new* scheduled requests.