Installing BTEQ / MLoad on Windows 7

Tools & Utilities
Enthusiast

Installing BTEQ / MLoad on Windows 7

I have been running Windows XP and here I had a 5 step installation guide to install BTEQ and MLoad.

The steps were:

1. Tdicu
  2. CliV2
  3. DataConnectot
  4. Bteq
  5. Mload

In the meantime my pc has been upgraded to windows 7. When I not try to install this on Windows 7, I get the following error in the first step trying installing the Tdicu:

“1: ALLUSERS property is not 1 – this MSM cannot be used for at per-user of fallback-to-per-user install”

Why is this?

We are running Teradata version 13.10, and I have been looking on the Teradata page for download of installation software for BTEQ and MLoad but not able to find anything.

Br

Peter Schwennesen

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Installing BTEQ / MLoad on Windows 7

Hi,

The installation of BTEQ and MLOAD is quite straight forward on Windows-7. You just need to run the setup.exe for TTU and the select the required components you want to install. You do not need to install these components one at time sequentially.

Khurram
Enthusiast

Hi,

This is taken from this link of TD:

Download the Teradata Studio Express zip file from the download site.

It may help you: http://downloads.teradata.com/download/tools/teradata-studio-express

For Windows install:

1) Unzip the Teradata Studio Express package to your local file system.

2) Run the setup.exe to launch the Teradata Studio Express installation.

3) Teradata Studio Express is installed in the Program Files directory.

For example, C:\Program Files (x86)\Teradata\Client\14.10\Teradata Studio Express.

When Teradata Studio Express is started, a 'workspace' directory is created in your

home directory (C:\Users\<user>\workspace). This directory contains

workspace files, including the SQL project folder. The teradata.log file is

located in the install \configuration directory.

I had an experience before when I installed TD. Then I removed everything and started from scratch, even in REGEDIT. It was a pain. I don't know how it is now.

Cheers,

Raja

Enthusiast

I have found the TTU 14.10. We are running the Teradata base version 13.10 her in my company. I do not know if the software in the TTU 14.10 are compatible with our system? I tried starting the installation file Setup.exe in the BTEQ folder, but I get the following error:

“A compatible version of Share ICU Libraries for Teradata is not installed. BTEQ requires Shared ICU Libraries for Teradata 14.10. Do you want to continue with the installation?”

I do not know what to do.

I could not find any TTU 13.10 version for installing on Windows 7? Will I crass anything on my system if I try install the TTU 14.10? And what is an ICU? Will the system still work if I install ICU, if I can find it???

There are 3 exe files in the root of the installation TTU 14.10, TTU_Base.exe, TTU_DBM.exe and TTUListProducts.exe, are I supposed to run any of these to install BTEQ and MLoad from the TTU 14.10 packed?

Br

Peter Schwennesen

Senior Supporter

Hi Peter,

the TTU is downwards compatible usually - Not 100% sure if 14.10 would still work with R5 systems. But it will work with 13.10.

But all components need to be on the same level. So MLOAD 14.10 will require the Share ICU Libraries of 14.10. In the past it was a but of a prolem as you needed to de-install all components yourself on the windows system but the latest upgrade I got did it for me. I got other packages but I would imagine that TTU_Base.exe would need to be at least installed...