Invoke TPT script from a table

Tools & Utilities
Enthusiast

Invoke TPT script from a table

Hi,

I understand that we have to save tpt script to a text file and use "tbuild -f" to invoke the file. But I am trying to automate this using a home brewed .net application and one of the ways that I am envisioning is that if we can store the script in a table and some how invoke it dynamically. This way I don't have to secure the file and easy for me to change parameters. 

So my question is whether invoking the Tpt script stored in a text file is the only way to execute a tpt script? Will appreciate any suggestions or ideas.

Thank You,

Raghu

4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Invoke TPT script from a table

It depends on the complexity of the job.

Some simple load jobs can take advantage of the Easy Loader feature (invoked through the command "tdload" instead of "tbuild").

Easy Loader is a feature of TPT that allows the user to provide information on the command line, and "tdload" will generate the script for the user, run the TPT job, and then delete the script when the job completes.

The Easy Loader feature is been expanded in recent releases so that it supports virtually all of the job variables from the templates, and they can all be specified on the command line.

Easy Loader will also determine which loading operator to use, based on the characteristics of the target table.

Please refer to the TPT Reference Manual and/or TPT User Guide for more information.

-- SteveF
Enthusiast

Thank You for your prompt response.

I am loading data from DB2 to TD 14.10. I am using Data Direct driver to connect to DB2. The TPT version I have is 15.00.00.09. I just realized that this source/target combination is not currently supported through this command.

Supported combinations.jpg

Teradata Employee

tdload does not yet support the use of the ODBC operator.

You will have to write a script for that.

But it is still possible to write a general purpose script and pass all of the needed parameters for that script on the command line for tbuild as well.

-- SteveF
Enthusiast

Thank You Feiholz