Is there a way to force a batch file to use Teradata Oleload 32-bit instead of 64-bit?

Tools & Utilities

Is there a way to force a batch file to use Teradata Oleload 32-bit instead of 64-bit?

Hi All,

I am in the process of automating a number of loads from csv files into our Teradata environment.  I am using Teradata OLELoad to import the data but am running into an architecture mismatch problem.  My problem occurs because I only have the 32-bit option of the Microsoft Text Driver.  When I create the OLELoad job everything works fine using the 32-bit version of OLELoad.  However, when it comes time to run my batch file it defaults to using the 64-bit version of OLELoad and as such I receive an architecture mismatch error.

Does anyone know if it is possible to force the batch file to use the 32-bit version of OLELoad?

Accepted Solutions
Teradata Employee

Re: Is there a way to force a batch file to use Teradata Oleload 32-bit instead of 64-bit?

In the batch file, override the path to invoke the 32-bit version of the utility (default is to use the 64-bit version if one exists).

PATH %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Teradata\Client\xx.yy\bin;%PATH%

tbuild ...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Is there a way to force a batch file to use Teradata Oleload 32-bit instead of 64-bit?

In the batch file, override the path to invoke the 32-bit version of the utility (default is to use the 64-bit version if one exists).

PATH %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Teradata\Client\xx.yy\bin;%PATH%

tbuild ...

Highlighted

Thanks Fred, that worked perfectly - appreciate your help!