LOAD_OPERATOR: TPT10508: RDBMS error 2636: WRK_KS_ENC_RPTG_EDM_MTLY must be empty for Fast Loading.

Tools & Utilities

LOAD_OPERATOR: TPT10508: RDBMS error 2636: WRK_KS_ENC_RPTG_EDM_MTLY must be empty for Fast Loading.

DEFINE OPERATOR UPDATE_OPERATOR
   DESCRIPTION 'Teradata PT UPDATE OPERATOR'
   TYPE UPDATE
   SCHEMA *
   ATTRIBUTES
    (
 VARCHAR TargetTable       = '************.ENC_RPTG_EDM_MTLY',
 VARCHAR PrivateLogName    = '**********.ENC_RPTG_EDM_MTLY_truncprivatelog', 
        VARCHAR TdpId             = @TargetTdpId,
        VARCHAR UserName          = @TargetUserName,
        VARCHAR UserPassword      = @TargetUserPassword,
        VARCHAR LogonMech         = 'ldap',
 VARCHAR AccountId,
 VARCHAR DeleteTask = 'Y'
    );

STEP trunc_data
   (
    APPLY
    (
    'DELETE FROM *********.ENC_RPTG_EDM_MTLY;'
    )
   TO OPERATOR( UPDATE_OPERATOR [1] );
   );

I am using the above statement for delete the table before loading using TPT..I am using same script for 20 different scripts. Sometime i got the below error message and most of the all the scripts are running fine.

LOAD_OPERATOR: connecting sessions

EXPORT_OPERATOR: connecting sessions

LOAD_OPERATOR: preparing target table

LOAD_OPERATOR: TPT10508: RDBMS error 2636: ENC_RPTG_EDM_MTLY must be empty for Fast Loading.

LOAD_OPERATOR: disconnecting sessions

EXPORT_OPERATOR: disconnecting sessions

LOAD_OPERATOR: Total processor time used = '0.099986 Second(s)'

What i have to add in the update operator to prevent this error.?

2 REPLIES
Junior Contributor

Re: LOAD_OPERATOR: TPT10508: RDBMS error 2636: WRK_KS_ENC_RPTG_EDM_MTLY must be empty for Fast Loadi

I don't now what caused this error, but you shouldn't use the UPDATE operator to delete all rows from a table, better use the DDL operator instead.

Highlighted
Teradata Employee

Re: LOAD_OPERATOR: TPT10508: RDBMS error 2636: WRK_KS_ENC_RPTG_EDM_MTLY must be empty for Fast Loadi

Not sure why you provided a partial script with an Update operator when you are reporting an error message from the Load operator.

The error message indicates that you are trying to load a table with the Load operator, and the table is not empty (a requirement for the Load operator).

This error is also reported if you are trying to run a job with the Load operator against a target table that might be empty, but is locked by another job (or a previous job that aborted abnormally).

-- SteveF