.Logon ... using DMTEQ Capability---problem

Tools & Utilities

.Logon ... using DMTEQ Capability---problem

have a problem scheduling the scripts using Teradata Manager DMTEQ capability. The execution of the SQL scripts are taking process only if the
.LOGON has been hard coded as
.LOGON host/uid,pass
But i dont want to hard code the .LOGON instead i would like to use it the following way.
.LOGON ...
But when ever i try it with .LOGON ... , it gives and error message stating CLIV2 error BADMECH as such. Can somebody please suggest a solution for this.
4 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: .Logon ... using DMTEQ Capability---problem

One suggestion I can make is to put the login command ( .logon hostid/user,pass; )

in a file somewhere

and in your scripts just mention.

.run file c:\logonfiles\.logon.txt;

Teradata Employee

Sounds like your versions of CLIv2 and DMTEQ (or Teradata Manager bundle) are incompatible. Use ".SHOW VERSIONS" in DMTEQ to see version of CLIv2 in use. This can also happen if you have more than one version of wincli32.dll (e.g. did not uninstall the old version before upgrading). Old versions typically were placed under the Windows directory, newer versions under Program Files.

Thank you joedsilva and Fred for your valuable suggestions.

Fred i have tried your way of restoring the Wincli32.dll. I have taken care that the versions are maintained. But stiil the problem prevails.
Teradata Employee

When you use the Teradata Manager scheduler, the "..." should pick up the information entered in the Logon section of the System tab (under Administer / Teradata Manager). Perhaps that information is missing or invalid. Double-check, and be sure to click the "Modify" button to save any changes. For simple "Username & Password" logon, the Authentication Mechanism selection can be the blank one at the top of the drop-down list, or TD2 if you have both TTU8.0 client and V2R6.0 database (or later).