Mload - work table format

Tools & Utilities
Enthusiast

Mload - work table format

Hi Experts,

say the data in the source file consists of 100 records with empno ranging from 100-200.  If I hardcode the update operation with a where clause =100 in DML label (which should update only 1 row in target), will the work table be loaded with 1 row or from rows 100-200?

What is the format of the worktable(will it store the data acquired in the datatype specified using the FIELD or is it equivalent to the datatype specified in target table) eg: if I use the TEXT format which has all CHAR datatypes for FIELD, now will the work table columns be comprised of CHAR datatype or the equivalent target table column data type.

Will the default values, identity column values specified on the target table will be loaded into the work table even if they are not specified in the INSERT statement in DML label clause (which will ultimately be loaded into the target table)?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Mload - work table format

Hi Feinholz/others,

Can you please comment on the above

Teradata Employee

Hi Cheeli,

Only the record(s) meet(s) the APPLY-WHERE condition will be sent to DBS. In you case, the work table won't contain 100 records.

The work table should have equivalent content to target table.

IDC values are inserted into work table.

Thanks!

--Ivy.

Enthusiast

Dear Ivyuan,

I am new to teradata and  please do correct me if i am wrong. My assumption is that the work table is created during the acquistion phase and all the records will be loaded into the work table from the file. I am not sure if the work table would contain only one record as mentioned above.

Regards

Suresh

Teradata Employee

Hi Suresh,

Only the record(s) meet(s) the APPLY-WHERE condition will be sent to DBS.

Acquisition phase is not only a client operation, client MultiLoad also sends the data to DBS, and DBS will conduct a sort of the acquired data before entering application phase.

Thanks!