Multiple queries in one connectiong through Teradata studio / Eclipse plugin

Tools & Utilities
Fan

Multiple queries in one connectiong through Teradata studio / Eclipse plugin

Hi,

In SQL Assistant it is possible to run multiple queries in parallel (after setting some of the settings correct). I prefer to use Teradata Studio, the eclipse plugin, but couldn't find a setting to do so. Is it possible anyway to run multiple queries in parallel? I now have to wait for my queries to finish before I can continue.

Regards,

Geoffrey

2 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Multiple queries in one connectiong through Teradata studio / Eclipse plugin

For now I can think of  MSR or macros, where you design statements that do not have /share dependencies are executed  in parallel

Teradata Employee

Re: Multiple queries in one connectiong through Teradata studio / Eclipse plugin

The latest version of Studio you can download is able to run statements against the same database system in parallel. You will need to run the statements from different SQL Editors. If you run the multiple statements, even if you run them separately, from the same SQL Editor, the statements will be run sequentially. Each SQL Editor will use its own connection to the database system and a connection can run one statement at a time.