No Views or Tables in SQL Assistant 13.0

Tools & Utilities
Highlighted
N/A

No Views or Tables in SQL Assistant 13.0

Hi,

I'm running Win7 64bit and am connected to a v6.2 Teradata db in SQL Assistant 13.0, however none of the Views or Tables are showing up in the Data Source Explorer. I can query the Views just fine; just can't see them in the tree view.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES

Re: No Views or Tables in SQL Assistant 13.0

Having same issue with XP Pro SP3 connect to Teradata v 12,0 DB with SLQ Assist 13. I get a 'HYT00: Query timeout expired' trying to expand a small DB in the SQL13 explorer. I can connect to another DB with same SQL13 session and have no problem. I have kown of others with similar problems but solutions vary. It can be a pain.

This probelm "SLQ Assist 13. I get a 'HYT00: Query timeout ­expired'" was resolved by changing my Teradata ODBC Driver Options by ''removing the check mark on >Use X Views and >Ignore Search Patterns.
Teradata Employee

I suspect that you do not have access to the Data Dictionary Views.

Data Dictionary X-Views return the Objects (Tables, Views …) you have access rights to; for example try "Select * from DBC.TablesX".
while Non-X-Views returns all Object (e.g. Select * from DBC.Tables).

Most DBAs allow access to X-Views but they might not grant access to non-x-views.
Drivers (.NET Data Provider or ODBC) have options to switch between x-views and non-x-views.

Teradata Employee

As mentioned above there are 2 sets of dictionary views, and you may not have access to both.
If you use Teradata.Net to connect you can set the 'Use X views' checkbox on the Advanced tab of the connection dialog.
If you use ODBC the 'Use X views' checkbox is on the ODBC Data Source options dialog for the DSN you are using to connect.