Request size exceeds maximum.

Tools & Utilities
Enthusiast

Request size exceeds maximum.

Hi,

We are using Datastage as ETL tool and Teradata as Database. In one job we are using Teradata connector stage as Target.

If we select Parallel synchronization as "Yes" job is getting aborted with the below error. If "No" jobs is getting finished.

Error Message :

RDBMS code 350: CLI2: REQOVFLOW(350): Request size exceeds maximum

Could any one let me know what was the issue.

Regards,

Ramya

10 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Request size exceeds maximum.

We're getting the same error. I'm still digging, if I come up with a solution I'll post here.

--dave

Teradata Employee

Usually, this error comes up when the size of SQL issued to Teradata is greater than the allowed length (1 MB).

Can you check if the generated SQL is large enough to cause this error? If yes, you can breakup sql and create its view to avoid this error.

HTH!

Teradata Employee

I have seen this error when incompatible versions of different TTU software components are installed, especially CLI.

Please install (or-reinstall) the latest and greatest patches of CLI.

-- SteveF
Enthusiast

When submitted directly to the parser, the maximum SQL request size is 1mb(sysmaxreqsize).However, when submitted inside a stored procedure, each request is limited to a maximum size of 64kb (max_req_size).

Enthusiast

We made the error go away by tweaking the array size in DataStage:

Our Buffersize in Teradata is 1Mbyte.

We divided 1Mbyte by the maximum row size in the data we were loading.

We used that result for the arraysize in datastage.

-- I apologize I don't seem to have kept track of the source for that, but I recall I picked that recommendation up somewhere in the forums,  and it appears to have cleared up the problem.

Enthusiast

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue as 

RDBMS code 350: CLI2: REQOVFLOW(350): Request size exceeds maximum with datastage and teradata in immediate mode. Teradata 13.10 and DS 8.x

My Request Text size is a few KBs . I tried to reduce the array size in TD connector. It was set to default of 2000 which I changed to 200. All doesnt seem to work.

What would be the impact if we change the default settings in DBSControl for parameter (I don't rem the variable name but it set as default 50%)?

Thanks in Advance,

Nirmal

Enthusiast

Any resolution on this ? Facing the same issue :(

i think the answer may be in the below link

http://www.dsxchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=124675