SQL Assistant 13 not importing from txt file saved from Excel

Tools & Utilities

SQL Assistant 13 not importing from txt file saved from Excel

All,

I have upgraded my sql assistant to 13 and I am unable to import a data file that I save as a tab delimited file from Excel 2010, I always get the error that the "query contains # parameters but import file contains 0 data values".

I saved the file from excel as tab delimited from Excel.  My import/export are setup as tab delimited and my table is defined fine and still get this error.  I have been having this issue on multiple files this way and always get the same error.  I have never had this problem with queryman.

My table is defined as

CREATE TABLE medw.funnel_target

(target_name VARCHAR(30) ,

base_target DECIMAL(18,8),

rep_target DECIMAL(18,8))

UNIQUEPRIMARY INDEX ( target_name );

I have formatted the first field of my data as text, the next two fields as number with 3 decimals.  I can't even import one value:

NAMER 1717896.767 478.972

Any help here would be appreciated because I do this a lot.

1 REPLY
Teradata Employee

Re: SQL Assistant 13 not importing from txt file saved from Excel

Are you using ODBC or Teradata.Net to connect?

What exact version of SQL Assistant are you using?

Could you send a small sample input file to Mike.Dempsey@Teradata.com so that I can try to replicate the problem.

Generally if the problem is caused by incorrect delimiters the error message would say "... import file contains 1 data values". The fact that it says zero values implies that it does not see any data in the file at all.

The only reason I can think of for it to see no data would be if the file permissions did not allow read access. (possibly because another app had the file open)