SQL Assistant truncating View definition

Tools & Utilities
Teradata Employee

SQL Assistant truncating View definition

Hello,

I thought this was covered earlier but could not find in the archives.

When I use SQL Assistnat to "show definition" of a very large View, part of the view is displayed and the remainder is not. It is sort of truncated or cut-off. This looks to me like a buffer size issue or answer set size issue, but I cannot find the option on how to increase the output size for SQL Assistant.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Paul
Tags (2)
4 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: SQL Assistant truncating View definition

Sounds like you are using SQLA 13.10 and the 13.10 ODBC driver. There is an issue with the ODBC driver prior to the 13.10.05 release that causes this behavior. You can either update to the latest release of the ODBC driver or use the Teradata .NET Provider which does not exhibit this behavior.

I have the same issue, and have the latest ODBC drivers posted in the ODBC section of the Teradata downloads page. Is the more recent driver you mention located elsewhere?
N/A

Please help me with it

query to determine if user/proxy accounts that are not classified as “adhoc” are connecting from desktop computers using SQL Assistant

Enthusiast

Please try to access the requesttext column in dbc.tabletext, then you will see the ddl of those large view.