SQLA Error "0: Major status=0xd0000 Minor Status=0x80090303-failure"

Tools & Utilities
RB
Enthusiast

SQLA Error "0: Major status=0xd0000 Minor Status=0x80090303-failure"

hello,

When logging into SQLA, I get the error "0: Major status=0xd0000 Minor Status=0x80090303-failure". Few others are getting this error as well. usually it is goes off when I try few times, however the number if attempts to login is raising and it is very frustrating (today it took like 20 attempts). I am  not able to decipher anything from this meaningless error. How do I go about resolving this? Should I enable ODBC DSN trace. Will that capture anything more meaningful? Has anyone resolved this before?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions /thoughts. 

RB

3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Teradata Employee

Re: SQLA Error "0: Major status=0xd0000 Minor Status=0x80090303-failure"

The implication is that you are trying to use Single Sign-On and something is not set up properly to process the authentication request.

For example, this can happen if you add nodes to your Teradata system and do not register new SPNs with AD/Kerberos. It would sometimes work if the driver picks an old node for the session connection, but fail when the driver picks a new node. It can also happen in certain VPN configurations due to "DNS hijacking" where a reference to an undefined tdsystemCOPn hostname (where n is larger than the actual number of Teradata nodes defined in DNS) returns an IP address of something other than a database node.

RB
Enthusiast

Hello Fred,

Thanks for the response. I understand what you are saying. I see the COP entries are present in /etc/hosts file. Do you think putting down the COP entries in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file will help?

Thanks

Teradata Employee

I doubt that using the client hosts file will help. SSO adds another level of complexity with the Kerberos 3-way handshake; you might consider using TD2 authentication just for troubleshooting (even if you have to create a new username for that).

You could also try setting "Data Source DNS Entries" to zero to disable "COP discovery", and specifying an explicit COP hostname (trying each one to see if some are working reliably while others fail).