Speed up imports in BTEQ or SQL Assistant

Tools & Utilities
Junior Contributor

Re: Speed up imports in BTEQ or SQL Assistant

PACK is not the same as SERIALIZE in TPump, it's the same as PACK in TPump, simply defining how many rows are send to the DBMS in one request.

Unless there's an IMPORT both multiple sessions and PACK are useless.

Only removing the BT/ET might improve performance.

Enthusiast

Thank you dnoeth.

Enthusiast

Hi All,

Could you please advise if we can write bteq's or tpt's in teradata 14.10 SQL assistant.

I used to write tpt's and bteq's in unix environment but currently i don't have access to unix environment and i need to load 40k records and i am trying with SQL assistant import utility but it is taking long time to insert.

Regards,

bhavini.

Junior Contributor

To speed up SQL Assistant imports you need to increase "Maximum batch size for simple Imports" to 999 and better use .NET instead of ODBC.

You can't run BTEQ or TPT scripts from SQL Assistant, but both are available for Windows, too (e.g. part of the TTU download or better ask your DBA).

Or switch to Teradata Studio, which supports the FastLoad protocol for imports.

Enthusiast

thanks dnoeth.

one more advise i need , how we can use TTU for  loading  files to empty target tables.

Junior Contributor

TTU is Teradata Tools & Utilites, parts of it are BTEQ and TPT and you wrote you know how to load using those :-)

Enthusiast

yeah i wrote using .tpt script in unix but first time i am using TTU package, which is new to me..its looks like IDE for me.

Correct me if i am wrong.

I have followed the steps which was there to load but how to check whether it is progressing.

Junior Contributor

TTU simply installs the utilities you pick when you run it.

Enthusiast

Thank you so much Dnoeth :)

Well, I have tried loading through wherescape RED scheduler and it loaded successfully.

Regards,

Bhavini.