TD 13 Query Scheduler Startup Error on Windows 7 64-bit

Tools & Utilities

TD 13 Query Scheduler Startup Error on Windows 7 64-bit

I installed the Terdata 13 tools on a Windows 7 64-bit OS.

When I launch the Query Scheduler Viewer, I see two error messages and the program exits.

COMM | 002184 | QmCreateShm | CreateFileMap | 00005 | 00005
and
COMM | 002184 | Comm:dllMain | CreateShm | 00000 | 00009

I also get these same errors when I launch SQL Assistant, but SQL Assistant does continue and launch after showing the errors. That tells me that SQL Assistant is just checking to see if a DLL is available for later use.

So what DLL is it looking for? Process Monitor doesn't show any errors loading DLLs.
Process Explorer shows the following Teradata DLLs loaded when the error appears:
WINCLI32.dll
tdqmcomm.dll
TDQMSR.dll
TDQMSUBM.dll
tdqmview.exe

Can anyone tell me which DLL is failing to load so i can register it correctly?

Thanks!
9 REPLIES

Re: TD 13 Query Scheduler Startup Error on Windows 7 64-bit

bump?

Opened incident for this issue. Will update with what GSC finds.

Enthusiast

I am facing similar error. Was there any update from GSC on this??

I recieve the same messages when starting SQL Assistant, is there a resolution for this issue?

Teradata Employee

Looking at the TTU 13.0 compatibility matrix, it shows that both SQL Assistant and Query Scheduler need to be running in 32-bit mode on the Windows 7 64-bit. When running in 32-bit mode, both need to be at a certain patch level. 

Teradata Query Scheduler 13.00.00.04

SQL Assistant 13.00.00.16

If you are at that patch level or later, then submitting a GSC incident for analysis would be the next step. 

Enthusiast

SQL Assistant does not contain the error message "Query scheduler start up error", or anything even remotely similar.

It does check to see if TDQM/TQS is installed during startup... but this should not cause anything to execute.

It looks for the file "tdqmsubm.dll" - probably in C:\Windows\System32.

If you have previously had TDQM/TQS installed maybe the un-instal failed and this file remains on your system. (Or the file somehow got copied to your system)

Try deleting this file if it exists.

It did work for me.

I have the same problem. I discovered that I get the error when running as an ordinary user, but not as an Admin, so it seems to be permissions related. Unfortunately Process Monitor didn't seem to point a smoking gun at exactly where the problem lay.

I worked round the problem by installing without the Scheduler components as they weren't actually required, so sorry I can't give a definitive fix, but the above may help.

Incidentally I noticed that the strange problem where files install to C:\Program Files (x86)\(x86), went away when I installed without the Scheduler components.

Update: To run the Scheduler users require the Create Global Objects right.

Administrative Tools, Local Security Policy. Under Security Settings, Local Policies, User Rights Assignment, Create Global Objects. Users  or groups can then be assigned this right.

Looking on an XP workstation, Interactive users appear to get this right by default. On Server 2008 it appears they don't. I haven't checked Windows 7.

Bump?