TDWALLETERROR(543): Teradata Wallet error. The wallet password has not been supplied.

Tools & Utilities
Enthusiast

TDWALLETERROR(543): Teradata Wallet error. The wallet password has not been supplied.

I have entries in my wallet but to use it tdwallet keeps asking for a different password. I suspect I might have add a password to the password .

.LOGON <Server>/ABCD_LOGIN

Password:

*** CLI error: CLI2: TDWALLETERROR(543): Teradata Wallet error. The wallet password has not been supplied.
 *** Return code from CLI is: 543
 *** Error: Logon failed!

At the password prompt i gave $tdwallet(ABCD_LOGIN)

I do have the ABCD_LOGIN added to the tdwallet with the password in it.

Is there a way to remove the wallet password to access passwords.

Accepted Solutions
Teradata Employee

Re: TDWALLETERROR(543): Teradata Wallet error. The wallet password has not been supplied.

Shaikh,

It appears that the entry named ABCD_LOGIN in your wallet is using Teradata Wallet’s password-protection scheme.  Thus, to use this entry, you’ll need to supply your wallet’s password.  You can supply the wallet password by issuing “tdwallet suppwd”.  If you have forgotten your wallet password, you can reset the wallet password by issuing “tdwallet chgpwd”.  You will be prompted 3 times to enter the existing wallet password, after which you will be given a chance to reset the wallet password.

If you’d rather not keep up with a wallet password, you can use Teradata Wallet’s saved-key protection scheme.  To use it, add items with “tdwallet addsk” instead of using “tdwallet add”.  To learn more about Teradata Wallet’s protection schemes, issue “tdwallet help security”.

I hope this helps!

-Shawn   :-)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
1 REPLY
Teradata Employee

Re: TDWALLETERROR(543): Teradata Wallet error. The wallet password has not been supplied.

Shaikh,

It appears that the entry named ABCD_LOGIN in your wallet is using Teradata Wallet’s password-protection scheme.  Thus, to use this entry, you’ll need to supply your wallet’s password.  You can supply the wallet password by issuing “tdwallet suppwd”.  If you have forgotten your wallet password, you can reset the wallet password by issuing “tdwallet chgpwd”.  You will be prompted 3 times to enter the existing wallet password, after which you will be given a chance to reset the wallet password.

If you’d rather not keep up with a wallet password, you can use Teradata Wallet’s saved-key protection scheme.  To use it, add items with “tdwallet addsk” instead of using “tdwallet add”.  To learn more about Teradata Wallet’s protection schemes, issue “tdwallet help security”.

I hope this helps!

-Shawn   :-)