TDWM gives “No Operating Environment, System Condition pair is mapped to State”

Tools & Utilities
Enthusiast

TDWM gives “No Operating Environment, System Condition pair is mapped to State”

My question is posted at:

http://teradataquestions.stackexchange.com/questions/19/tdwm-gives-no-operating-environment-system-condition-pair-is-mapped-to-state

To repeat:

I am getting this warning when trying to save a TDWM ruleset with a State I created. I don't think that a system condition/operating environment can be directly mapped to a State. Before this newly added state there were other states and I did not receive any warning in them.
Tags (1)
1 REPLY
Enthusiast

Re: TDWM gives “No Operating Environment, System Condition pair is mapped to State”

oops, found the answer soon after posting this. sorry guys, I also removed the question posted at stackexchange, but couldn't find how to delete here.

For those interested, in TD documentation (Database Administration):
The combination of a SysCon and an OpEnv reference a specific “state” of the system.
Associated with each state are a set of workload management behaviors, such as throttle thresholds, Priority Scheduler weights, and so on. When specific events occur, they can direct a change of SysCon or OpEnv, resulting in a state change and therefore an adjustment of workload management behavior.

Therefore a state created must be involved in the "System Regulation - State Matrix" otherwise it's an idle state and is of no use anywhere in the TDWM.