TDWallet support for non-interactive mode.

Tools & Utilities
Enthusiast

TDWallet support for non-interactive mode.

Hello Forum

Does TDWallet support Non-Interactive mode?

I have been trying to insert few keys in TDWallet using Shell Script but It does not seems to be working.

After some research I have found we can create users using Expect Automation tool for Linux and was able to automate using Expect and Python script. But I am looking for TDWallet direct support for non-interactive mode.

Will this be the feature for TDWallet 15 or 15.10? or is it available in 14.10 release?

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: TDWallet support for non-interactive mode.

No, Teradata Wallet does not support non-interactive mode for security reasons. There are no plans to change this.

Expect is the recommended workaround.

Everytime a server is rebooted, the wallet password needs to be re-entered using "suppwd". Is there a solution to this?  

cr255014 - Are you using expect for this, too?

Teradata Employee

krishnamohan85,

If you’d rather not has to supply the wallet password after a reboot, you can use Teradata Wallet’s saved-key protection scheme.  To use it, add items with “tdwallet addsk” instead of using “tdwallet add”.  To learn more about Teradata Wallet’s protection schemes, issue “tdwallet help security”.

(Sorry for the delayed reply, but I just discovered that your question never received any response.)

I hope this helps!

-Shawn   :-)