TPT-Data Synch using Teradata Parallel Transporter

Tools & Utilities
Enthusiast

TPT-Data Synch using Teradata Parallel Transporter

Experts,
I am looking for Solution which can synchronize/replicate data between two Teradata Production boxes. i know there are couple of solution like Teradata Mover,NPARC,Golden Gate.

i would like to know if Teradata Parallel Transporter can achieve data replication/synchronization?
Objective is to move Full/Partial data between two Teradata boxes.
Is there any limitiations on TPT like Can we move Journals,Indexes(JOIN/HASH),STATs using TPT?
And how the performance of TPT is like how do you achieve the SLA of and hour?

Ive been reading most of the forum post from Steven Feinholz they are really good. Appreciate if you or any expert can bring more light on this tool.
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: TPT-Data Synch using Teradata Parallel Transporter

TPT cannot perform data synchronization (Data Mover is a better choice for that).

TPT is just the mechanism by which you would actually copy the data (and Data Mover uses ARC and TPT's operators to perform those actions).

TPT can only move data. It cannot move Journals, Indexes or Stats.
-- SteveF
Enthusiast

Thank you so much Feinholz for your valuable comments.
Is the Data Mover is a part of Teradata TTU Pack or is it a separate Solution all together?
Is there any evaluation tool available to evaluate Teradata Mover?
Teradata Employee

Teradata Data Mover is a separate product offering and is not part of TTU. It has special requirements (it requires Teradata Managed Servers running Linux).
-- SteveF
Teradata Employee

Please contact Jeff Schemanske for information on evaluating Teradata Data Mover.
-- SteveF
Enthusiast

Thank you so much Feinholz..!!